The Contemporary Austin – Art School at Laguna Gloria encourages new course proposals from artists interested in teaching with us.
Read MoreShow Less
The Art School is not hiring for the current semester, but we encourage interested instructors to submit new course ideas for future semesters. Please review our course offerings and ensure that new proposals are substantially different from classes we already offer. We take pride in the high quality of our instruction and the student-centered learning environment offered at the Art School.
- BA or MFA in studio art, art education, or relevant teaching subject.
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in preferred medium or field.
- High level of personal motivation, dependability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to nurture, encourage, and support the creativity of developing artists.
Additional considerations when hiring:
- Instructor’s personal work and reputation as an artist.
- Facility and materials requirements for new class proposals.
- Likelihood a proposed class will meet or exceed our average class enrollment.
- Relevance of a proposed class to the mission of The Contemporary Austin and the Art School.
Instructor Application and Class Proposal Submission
Please use the above link to attach your cover letter and resume. Applicants may also use the link to submit a new class proposal.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Administrative Coordinator, The Contemporary Austin – Art School
The Contemporary Austin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional opportunities to get involved:
JOIN OUR DOCENT TEAM
Mission: The Contemporary Austin reflects the spectrum of contemporary art through exhibitions, commissions, education, and the collection.
Vision: The Contemporary Austin aspires to be the contemporary art museum for Austin and an essential part of city life. Through its unique combination of urban and outdoor sites, The Contemporary will embody an eclectic and collaborative spirit.