Photographer: Michael Moran
Volunteering at The Contemporary Austin is a fun way to get involved and meet other people in Austin’s vibrant art scene. On a day-to-day basis, volunteers assist the museum in achieving its goals in a number of key capacities.
Special events volunteers assist museum staff with exhibition openings, public programs, Museum Day, and other special events hosted by The Contemporary.
- Volunteers agree to volunteer at events as needed
- Volunteers must be friendly and able to communicate and interact with a diverse audience
- An interest in contemporary art and visual culture is preferred
- Weekend and evening availability preferred
The Art School
Volunteers ages 13 and up are actively recruited for all classes at The Art School with a particular emphasis on children’s classes. The following criteria are used when interviewing a prospective volunteer:
- Enjoy working with children—experience is preferred, but not required
- Enjoy art! Again, an arts background is a plus, but not necessary
- Willingness to make a commitment to attend all classes, arriving 15 minutes early to help with setup and staying 15 minutes late to help with cleanup