Hours & Admission
The Contemporary Austin – Laguna Gloria is open Thursday through Sunday, 9A-12P, and evening hours on Thursdays, 6-8P, with advanced ticket reservations.
Your admission helps The Contemporary Austin mount an ambitious exhibition schedule and fund education and public programs for children, teens, and adults.
SENIORS & STUDENTS $5
UNDER 18 & MILITARY FREE
ESSENTIAL WORKERS FREE
Admission is free for all visitors on Thursday evenings, 6-8P. Advance ticket reservations are still required during this time.
Join as a member or renew your membership today to enjoy free admission to Laguna Gloria.
Please note: We are proud to honor North American Reciprocal Memberships during this limited opening period. Please email Nadine Pennypacker, Membership Manager to reserve a ticket with your NARM membership.
DOWNLOAD MAP OF LAGUNA GLORIA
DOWNLOAD LAGUNA GLORIA KIDS GUIDE
All admission tickets must be reserved online in advance. No tickets will be sold on-site. Group size is currently limited to six people total, including children, and all guests must be present at the time of check-in.
Museum members will continue to enjoy free admission and additional guest entry according their membership level, but must reserve their visit time online using their unique member ID. Cash transactions will not be permitted for admission or store purchases at this time.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 512 458 8191 or email email@example.com. Please note you must cancel your timed admission tickets 24 hours ahead of your visit for a full refund. Tickets may not be transferred to another party or date, unless in the case of inclement weather.
Laguna Gloria is open rain or shine. Want a rain check for your ticket? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book tickets for a new day or to request a refund.
The Contemporary Austin has implemented the following museum-wide guidelines in order to protect our visitors and staff. These guidelines are applicable to all visitors. Please read carefully.
- All visitors—except children ages two and under—are required to wear masks while visiting Laguna Gloria. Parents and guardians of children under 10 are responsible for masking children during their museum visit.
- In order to ensure visitor and staff safety, only ADA accessible parking will be available on the grounds of Laguna Gloria. Public parking will be available along West 35th Street.
- While most indoor spaces remain closed to the public, restrooms and hand sanitizer will be available to visitors in the Moody Pavilions. Restrooms will be sanitized frequently. Visitors must wash or sanitize hands before and during your visit.
- Visitors are required to follow all capacity and directional guidelines throughout the sculpture park, as stated by TCA staff and on-site signage. These guidelines may include, but are not limited to one-way paths, social distancing markers, bathroom capacity, hygiene etiquette, and more. Click here to view an updated map of Laguna Gloria, featuring new directional guidelines.
- Visitors must refrain from touching all artwork, including any artwork previously noted as interactive for visitors.
- Visitors will be asked to refrain from touching frequently shared surfaces throughout the site, when possible.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles and refreshments, as needed. The museum café is currently closed. Access to water may be limited on-site.
- Please avoid visiting The Contemporary Austin if you or anyone in your group are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive within 14 days, or have traveled to areas with known travel restrictions within the last 14 days.
The Contemporary Austin has instituted the following museum-wide safety measures for the protection of all visitors and staff.
- All staff and visitors will be required to wear masks while on-site at Laguna Gloria.
- At this time, the museum is limiting visitor capacity with required advanced timed ticketing.
- Most indoor spaces on the grounds, including the Driscoll Villa and the Art School, will remain closed.
- The museum has implemented rigorous disinfecting practices in all indoor spaces and high-traffic areas, including restrooms.
- Visitor check-in will temporarily move to the café window, as opposed to inside the Visitor Center.
- The museum has adopted a no cash policy for admission and store transactions.
- The museum has installed Informational and directional signage to encourage social distancing and hygiene etiquette across the grounds.
- Visitors will have access to hand sanitizer inside the Moody Pavilions. Hand washing will be encouraged throughout your visit.
Shop at The Contemporary
The Shop at The Contemporary will be open during Laguna Gloria's open hours. Only credit card transactions will be permitted at this time.
The Shop is now online! Visit us here to start shopping today!