The Contemporary Austin – Laguna Gloria is open with limited hours and capacity.
The Jones Center is closed for installation through January 23, 2021.
RESERVE TICKETS TO LAGUNA GLORIA
Advanced, timed ticket reservations are required to visit the museum. We have adjusted our policies and procedures to protect our visitors and staff. Please read the below information carefully prior to reserving your admission ticket.
Thursday and Friday, 9A-12P
Saturday and Sunday, 9A-3P
Advanced ticket reservations required
Jones Center on Congress Avenue
Closed for installation through January 23, 2021.
New Year's Day
Your admission helps The Contemporary Austin mount an ambitious exhibition schedule and fund education and public programs for children, teens, and adults.
SENIORS & STUDENTS $5
UNDER 18 & MILITARY FREE
ESSENTIAL WORKERS FREE
Admission at both Contemporary Austin locations is free for all visitors on Thursdays. Advanced ticket reservations are still required during this time.
Join as a member or renew your membership today to enjoy free admission to Laguna Gloria. Please note: We are proud to honor North American Reciprocal Memberships, Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Memberships, and Texas Reciprocal Memberships during this limited opening period. Please email Nadine Pennypacker, Membership Manager to reserve a ticket with your reciprocal membership.
All admission tickets must be reserved online in advance. No tickets will be sold on-site. Group size is currently limited to six people total, including children, and all guests must be present at the time of check-in.
RESERVE TICKETS TO LAGUNA GLORIA
Museum members will continue to enjoy free admission and additional guest entry according their membership level, but must reserve their visit time online using their unique member ID. Cash transactions will not be permitted for admission or store purchases at this time.
If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 512 458 8191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note you must cancel your timed admission tickets 24 hours ahead of your visit for a full refund. Tickets may not be transferred to another party or date, unless in the case of inclement weather.
Laguna Gloria is open rain or shine. Want a rain check for your ticket? Email email@example.com to book tickets for a new day or to request a refund.
The Contemporary Austin has implemented the following museum-wide guidelines in order to protect our visitors and staff. These guidelines are applicable to all visitors. Please read carefully.
- All visitors—except children ages two and under—are required to wear masks while visiting the museum. Parents and guardians of children under 10 are responsible for masking children during their museum visit.
- Visitors are required to follow all capacity and directional guidelines throughout the museum, as stated by TCA staff and on-site signage. These guidelines may include, but are not limited to one-way paths, social distancing markers, bathroom capacity, hygiene etiquette, and more. Click here to view an updated map of Laguna Gloria, featuring new directional guidelines.
- Visitors must refrain from touching all artwork, including any artwork previously noted as interactive for visitors.
- Visitors will be asked to refrain from touching frequently shared surfaces throughout the site, when possible.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles and refreshments to Laguna Gloria, as needed. The museum café is currently closed. Access to water may be limited on-site. Food and beverages are not permitted in the Jones Center galleries.
- Please avoid visiting The Contemporary Austin if you or anyone in your group are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive within 14 days, or have traveled to areas with known travel restrictions within the last 14 days.
- In order to ensure visitor and staff safety, only ADA accessible parking will be available on the grounds of Laguna Gloria. Public parking will be available along West 35th Street.
- While most indoor spaces at Laguna Gloria remain closed to the public, restrooms and hand sanitizer will be available to visitors in the Moody Pavilions. Restrooms will be sanitized frequently. Visitors must wash or sanitize hands before and during your visit.
The Contemporary Austin has instituted the following museum-wide safety measures for the protection of all visitors and staff.
- All staff and visitors will be required to wear masks while on-site at The Contemporary Austin.
- At this time, the museum is limiting visitor capacity with required advanced timed ticketing.
- Most indoor spaces at Laguna Gloria, including the Driscoll Villa and the Art School, remain closed.
- The Moody Rooftop at the Jones Center remains closed to the public.
- The museum has implemented rigorous disinfecting practices in all indoor spaces and high-traffic areas, including restrooms.
- Visitors to Laguna Gloria: Please check-in inside the visitor center and shop. We ask that only one household at a time enter this space.
- Doors at the Jones Center will remain locked except for visitors with advanced, timed tickets. Please call 512-453-5312 upon arrival for admittance.
- The museum has adopted a no-cash policy for admission and store transactions.
- The museum has installed Informational and directional signage to encourage social distancing and hygiene etiquette across the grounds.
- Visitors will have access to hand sanitizer at both museum sites. Hand washing will be encouraged throughout your visit.
Directions & Visiting Tips: Jones Center
- The Jones Center is located at 700 Congress Avenue, at the corner of 7th Street and Congress Avenue in the heart of downtown Austin.
- We encourage the use of public transportation, and the Jones Center is conveniently located on a number of downtown bus routes. Plan your trip with Capital Metro.
- Parking is available at paid street meters, as well as nearby commercial garages and lots. Two nearby options are: One American Center, 600 Congress Ave. (entrance off of 7th St. between Colorado and Congress); Omni Austin Hotel, Downtown Parking Garage, 700 San Jacinto Blvd. at 8th St. (entrance off Brazos and 8th St.). More info about downtown parking including a map of parking garages can be viewed here.
- ADA accessible parking is available throughout downtown Austin.
- The Jones Center galleries are stroller friendly and wheelchair accessible. Please use care when navigating the galleries. Depending on the fragility of artwork in an exhibition, oversize strollers may need to be stored at the Reception Desk. Please check in at the Reception Desk with questions or for assistance.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Jones Center galleries.
- Service animals are welcome at the Jones Center.
- Concealed or open weapons and firearms (including handguns) are not allowed at the Jones Center. Sharp implements are not permitted in the galleries.
- Bags larger than 12 x 18 x 3 inches are not permitted in the galleries.
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted inside any of our buildings, or within 20 feet of a doorway or outdoor sculpture. Smoking is also prohibited on the Moody Rooftop at the Jones Center on Congress Avenue.
Directions & Visiting Tips: Laguna Gloria
- Directions to The Contemporary Austin – Laguna Gloria, 3809 West 35th Street, Austin, Texas 78703: From Mopac (Loop 1) head north from downtown. Exit at 35th Street and turn left (West). Follow 35th St. until it ends. You will pass Camp Mabry, Mayﬁeld Park and Mt. Bonnell Road. The entrance is on the left at 3809 W. 35th St.
- Service animals are welcome at Laguna Gloria. Additionally, leashed pets may accompany guests on the Laguna Gloria grounds. Please keep all pets away from the sculptures and be respectful of the wildlife and ecology of the site.
- Some of Betty and Edward Marcus Sculpture Park at Laguna Gloria is stroller friendly and wheelchair accessible. Please check in at the Reception Desk with questions regarding accessibility, or call 512-458-8191 with any questions ahead of your visit or to request a golf cart driven by our staff. Visitors may also make this request during the advance admission process.
- Public parking is available along West 35th Street. ADA accessible parking is also available on the grounds of Laguna Gloria. Parking for Laguna Gloria is not permitted at neighboring Mayfield Nature Preserve. Please see the gate attendant for assistance.
- Concealed or open weapons and firearms (including handguns) are not allowed at Laguna Gloria.
DOWNLOAD MAP OF LAGUNA GLORIA
DOWNLOAD LAGUNA GLORIA KIDS GUIDE
Shop at The Contemporary
The Shop at The Contemporary will be open in a limited capacity during the museum's open hours. Only credit card transactions will be permitted at this time.
The Shop is now online! Visit us here to start shopping today!