Hours & Admission
Your admission helps The Contemporary Austin mount an ambitious exhibition schedule and fund education and public programs for children, teens, and adults. Advanced ticket reservations required during this time. Both Contemporary Austin locations are free for all visitors on Thursdays.
Advanced tickets required
Wednesday and Thursday, 9A—3P & 6—9P
Friday through Sunday, 9A—3P
JONES CENTER ON CONGRESS AVENUE
Advanced tickets required
Thursday and Sunday, 12—5P
Friday and Saturday, 12—7P
SENIORS & STUDENTS $5
UNDER 18 & MILITARY FREE
ESSENTIAL WORKERS FREE
Join as a member or renew your membership today to enjoy free admission to the museum.
Museum members receive free adult admission:
- Individual level (1 adult)
- Dual level (2 adults)
- Supporter and Advocate levels (4 adults)
- Collector, Patron, Ambassador, Leader, and Trustee levels (6 adults)
We are proud to honor North American Reciprocal Memberships, Modern and Contemporary Reciprocal Memberships, and Texas Reciprocal Memberships. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a ticket with your reciprocal membership.
New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
A note to photographers: Please check in at the Visitor Center near the main gate. A photography fee and advance booking are required for all professional photography sessions, including (1) all portrait, posed, and formal people photography; (2) all photography using approved equipment, such as tripods, lights, and props; (3) all photography shot with a commercial intent.
Photography sessions may be booked in advance at thecontemporaryaustin.org/photosession.
Visitor Guidelines & Safety
Please read the below carefully and enjoy your visit!
- Masks are required for all staff and visitors over the age of 2
- Please refrain from touching all artwork
- Practice good hygiene and cover coughs and sneezes
- Bring reusable water bottles and refreshments to Laguna Gloria, as needed, or order from our on-site café, Spread & Co. Refreshments are not permitted in the Jones Center galleries.
- Avoid visiting if you or anyone in your group are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive within 14 days
- Restrooms and hand sanitizer will be available to visitors.
- Shop at The Contemporary is open and cash-less. A selection of what we offer is also available on our online shop. All sales directly support the museum and museum members receive 10% off all Shop purchases!
- The museum is open rain or shine. If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 512 458 8191 or email email@example.com. Please note you must cancel your timed admission tickets 24 hours ahead of your visit for a full refund. Tickets may not be transferred to another party or date, unless in the case of inclement weather.
The Contemporary Austin has instituted the following museum-wide safety measures for the protection or our visitors and staff.
- All staff and visitors will be required to wear masks while on-site at The Contemporary Austin
- The museum is limiting visitor capacity with required advanced timed ticketing.
- The museum routinely disinfects indoor spaces and high-traffic areas. Hand sanitizer and restrooms are also readily available.
- The museum has adopted a no-cash policy for admission and store transactions.
- Informational and directional signage across both sites has been added to encourage social distancing
Directions & Visiting Tips: Laguna Gloria
- Directions to The Contemporary Austin – Laguna Gloria, 3809 West 35th Street, Austin, Texas 78703: From Mopac (Loop 1) head north from downtown. Exit at 35th Street and turn left (West). Follow 35th St. until it ends. You will pass Camp Mabry, Mayﬁeld Park and Mt. Bonnell Road. The entrance is on the left at 3809 W. 35th St.
- Service animals are welcome at Laguna Gloria. Additionally, leashed pets may accompany guests on the Laguna Gloria grounds. Please keep all pets away from the sculptures and be respectful of the wildlife and ecology of the site.
- Please note that there is limited accessibility to Laguna Gloria with a stroller or wheelchair. Our ADA accessible pathways are noted on our map of the grounds. Due to COVID-19, we have temporarily suspended golf cart tours for the safety of our staff and visitors. Please check in at the Reception Desk with questions regarding accessibility, or call 512-458-8191 with any questions ahead of your visit. Construction of an ADA ramp is estimated for completion by Summer 2021.
- Public parking is available along West 35th Street. ADA accessible parking is also available on the grounds of Laguna Gloria. Parking for Laguna Gloria is not permitted at neighboring Mayfield Nature Preserve. Please see the gate attendant for assistance.
- Concealed or open weapons and firearms (including handguns) are not allowed at Laguna Gloria.
DOWNLOAD MAP OF LAGUNA GLORIA
DOWNLOAD LAGUNA GLORIA KIDS GUIDE
Spread & Co. at Laguna Gloria
Wednesday through Sunday, 9A—3P
Online ordering and curbside pickup available
Click here to view menu!
The new museum café at Laguna Gloria, Spread & Co., is now open!
This new outlet of the Rosedale eatery features a fresh and colorful menu, with items suited for eating on-site during your museum visit or taking to-go. Signature favorites are available, including a broad selection of grazing boards, cheeses, and cured meats, along with salads, sandwiches, coffee, and more!
Museum members will enjoy a 10% discount on all food and drink at Spread & Co.'s Laguna Gloria location!
Shop at The Contemporary
The Shop at The Contemporary will be open in a limited capacity during the museum's open hours. Only credit card transactions will be permitted at this time.
The Shop is now online! Visit us here to start shopping today!